Just a few weeks ago, I (36) instantly felt both flattered and disrespected, when some youngster in his late teens addressed me with Du instead of Sie. I mulled over it for a while and ended up mostly puzzled by my inability to decide which one of those feelings was even valid. Had he used Sie, I’m sure I still would have been slightly insulted. The poor kid simply couldn’t win. Luckily, in many situations, it’s a lot easier to pick the correct pronoun. Read on, to learn how. Also make sure to check out my post on Six Greetings...
- MEET YOUR NEW FAVORITE BAVARIAN SNACK: A CREAMY CHEESE DIP CONTAINING BEER! (Vegan version included)
- NINE EASY STEPS TO SAVE MONEY WHEN HEATING YOUR GERMAN HOME
- WHAT THE HONK? GERMAN WEEKEND CAR PROCESSIONS EXPLAINED!
- TASTE THE 50s BY MAKING THIS QUICK AND DELISH GERMAN DINNER
- HERE’S WHAT’S OPEN AND CLOSED ON SUNDAYS IN GERMANY