When my husband and I met, he wanted to impress me by trying out some German foods. He headed to Kroger, scored a package of German Sauerkraut, popped it in the microwave, and… hated it. Maybe he should have tried Currywurst or German strawberry tart instead. A few months later, we went to visit my parents and my mom prepared Bratwürste with – surprise – Sauerkraut! After finding out about dinner, he dreaded the moment he’d have to try again and was stunned when hers tasted nothing like what he had concocted. While the dish is by no means hard...
- MEET YOUR NEW FAVORITE BAVARIAN SNACK: A CREAMY CHEESE DIP CONTAINING BEER! (Vegan version included)
- NINE EASY STEPS TO SAVE MONEY WHEN HEATING YOUR GERMAN HOME
- WHAT THE HONK? GERMAN WEEKEND CAR PROCESSIONS EXPLAINED!
- TASTE THE 50s BY MAKING THIS QUICK AND DELISH GERMAN DINNER
- HERE’S WHAT’S OPEN AND CLOSED ON SUNDAYS IN GERMANY