Other places have lovers’ lanes – Oktoberfest has hurl hill: a mound to make out, retch and keel over – all in one spot, accompanied by fellow thrower uppers. What is more, die Wiesn, as the natives call Oktoberfest, features unwarranted prices, massive crowds, and dreadfully long waits – it’s like Disneyland’s plastered, little brother. But fret not! Only 2.5 hours north of Munich, you can have a slightly more modest, less packed, and more authentic beer fest experience, that’ll still leave you reminiscing unendingly. If you decide to drive there, make sure to read my Six Facts You Wish...
- MEET YOUR NEW FAVORITE BAVARIAN SNACK: A CREAMY CHEESE DIP CONTAINING BEER! (Vegan version included)
- NINE EASY STEPS TO SAVE MONEY WHEN HEATING YOUR GERMAN HOME
- WHAT THE HONK? GERMAN WEEKEND CAR PROCESSIONS EXPLAINED!
- TASTE THE 50s BY MAKING THIS QUICK AND DELISH GERMAN DINNER
- HERE’S WHAT’S OPEN AND CLOSED ON SUNDAYS IN GERMANY